Friday, March 4, 2011

sleepless night to hearty breakfast... :)

Sometimes its hard to share a bed with my boys... especially since one of them wakes me up every 3 hours to eat. I struggle to find a comfy spot cuddled between them sometimes which doesn't lend itself to good sleep lately. The other night I was laying in bed and this idea came to me... I had this can of peaches I had oatmeal I could have BREAKFAST! This is really simple to throw together and I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this and I probably won't be the last but considering its been my breakast the last 3 days I'm not going to complain... I love that it went together in about 5 min. Jeriah enjoyed it and that means a lot some days I don't eat until 2pm it seems so something I could throw together like this is soo valuable to me! Its really warm and soothing big juicy bursts of peaches in spicy warm oatmeal. Sadly, I've run out of brown sugar and peaches but I'm going shopping this weekend :)

Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
1 1/2 c water
3/4 c oatmeal, quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 c sliced peaches (can or jar, I only used teh fruit not the liquid)
1 heaping Tbsp Brown sugar
drop or 2 of vanilla
dash of cinnamon

Combine water and oatmel in microwave safe bowl and cook for 3-4 min. when finished stir in Peaches (I like to cut the slices in half), brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Give it a good stir and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment